AODME members receive free classified listings up to 250 words. Non-members may submit announcements for $250. Listings may be submitted for positions available, positions wanted or products/services. Listings include posting on the AODME web site and inclusion in the AODME monthly newsletter in the month immediately following the posting. Unless otherwise requested, ads will remain on the site for six months. Please submit your ad or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Graduate Medical Education
The Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking a Director of Graduate Medical Education. This position supports graduate medical education (GME) by working closely with Heritage College educational affiliates to assure a continuum exists between undergraduate medical education (UME) and GME. It recognizes an investment by the college in GME as a means to understand and strengthen the learning environment in order to improve the medical student clinical education experience. This will require the development and implementation of strategies and programs intended to g foster resident, residency program leadership and faculty, and GME office staff professional development. The position will report directly to the Executive Director, Office of Clinical Education, and work closely with the Sr. Director for Clinical Learning Environment Development, the Associate Dean for Clinical Education, and other Office of Clinical Education personnel. This position requires some evening and weekend hours. Regular travel to meet with educational affiliates in-state and to other locations both in and out of state is expected.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent the college to educational affiliates (including attendance at GME committee meetings), GME accreditation bodies, and healthcare entities to advance the osteopathic clinical learning environment and advocate for the Heritage College and educational affiliate’s GME-related educational concerns, needs, and proposals
- Facilitate where appropriate on-going communications regarding GME accreditation, Heritage College GME strategy, and operational aspects of the Heritage College’s support of the osteopathic clinical learning environment
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing clinical faculty/instructor effectiveness through direct consultation, educational workshops, and constituent specific certificate programs and opportunities
- Support expansion of existing or development of new graduate medical education programs
- Support development of a residency readiness program for Heritage College students
- Provide leadership for GME governance, administration and operations within the Office of Clinical Education
- Assure effective outcomes for overall GME operations, resource allocation, and compliance with relevant GME accreditation standards
- Oversee appropriate accreditation compliance and communication with university partners and accreditation bodies
- Develop and administer where appropriate GME policies, budget, and educational strategies to support an effective clinical learning environment for trainees, clinical faculty, and staff
- Direct and plan use of GME financial resources
- Direct activities supporting accreditation standards, emphasizing innovative GME improvements, maximizing use of technology, and creating value-added services for educational affiliates
- Coordination of resources for delivery of Graduate Medical Education
- Oversee and coordinate work flow/strategy of Heritage College staff involved in supporting GME as it relates to fulfilling contractual terms of partner relationships and sustaining collaborative/long term partnerships
- Work strategically to identify educational affiliate needs and work with others to provide relevant, value-added GME resources to strengthen the clinical learning environment.
Coordinate strategies with college leadership to achieve desired organizational results and positive relationships
- Promote recognition of the organization by participating, coordinating, or encouraging efforts that enhance our organizational reputation at the local and national levels that could include: research, publishing, networking activities, or participation in key medical education association and conferences
- Master’s degree in Education, Business, Communications or Organizational Development
- 6 years of work related experience
- 3 years of supervisory or managerial responsibilities
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the required master’s degree
- Knowledge of ACGME Next Accreditation System required
- Doctoral degree in Education, Communication or Organizational Development
- 8 years of work related experience
- Preference given to candidates with ACGME program leadership experience
- Knowledge of ACGME Next Accreditation System
- ACGME leadership experience
Note: THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT OUR DUBLIN CAMPUS, 6775 BOBCAT WAY, DUBLIN, OH.
Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, current resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact details, including email addresses.
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by September 10, 2017.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
For more information and to apply: CLICK HERE
For full consideration, the application deadline is September 10, 2017
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria Family Medicine Residency Program at Unity Point Health—Methodist is seeking an Osteopathic Physician to join our faculty and practice within our Residency Program. We are seeking someone who is practiced in OMT, willing to embody the philosophy and practice of osteopathy, and willing to share their knowledge with an outstanding group of residents and medical students. Our residency program is dually accredited and has Osteopathic Recognition. We are also a minimally unopposed (sharing the hospital with the Psychiatry residency), community-based program affiliated with the University of Illinois College of Medicine and ATSU-Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Features of our program and practice:
- Stable program – 46 years and counting
- 30 residents, 9 core physicians, 1 Behavioral Health EdD, 1 LCPC, and 1 nurse practitioner in clinical practice
- Embedded specialty clinics in our Family Medicine Center, OMT, Dermatology, and Women’s Health, staffed by our core faculty and residents
- Mixture of personal clinic, hospital attending duties, precepting duties, and teaching in faculty role
- Faculty appointments with ATSU-Kirksville College of Medicine and the University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Shared call among faculty
Applicants must have a DO degree, be board certified in Family Medicine, and be eligible for an Illinois license. Compensation package commensurate with experience. Sign-on bonus up to $50,000! Email your CV or request more information to email@example.com or call 800-621-8543. Kelvin E. Wynn, Program Director, will review applicant interest and respond directly.
(posted 5/23/17 — updated 8/01/17)